[jbosscache-dev] JBCACHE-1561 - how to get children or children names directly?

Galder Zamarreno galder at jboss.org
Tue Jan 5 06:31:10 EST 2010

On 01/04/2010 12:34 PM, Manik Surtani wrote:
> To get any accurate result for such an operation you would need to consult the cache loader...

Hmmmm, generally yeah but in this case I suspect you don't want
actually. Example:

Let's say you have 3 caches configured with SSCL and
pushWhenCoordinator=true, and they're pointing to the same shared NFS
cache loader whose contents are:
/e/f [akey, a value]

Let's say the coordinator dies and between that and the new coordinator
taking over, a put is done (fqn=/e/i [bkey, bvalue]) in the node that is
supposed to become coordinator. The new coordinator is not yet active,
so /e/i won't be pushed to the cache loader.

When the new coordinator finally takes over and tries to get children's
of /e, it checks the cache loader and it says that these are: [f], and
hence it doesn't push /e/i to the cache loader.

The counterpoint here is that if eviction has been set up, and during
the coordinator change, /e/f had been evicted, it could maybe mean that
either, /e/f is not in memory any more, or /e/f is there but it's empty.
This could be OK cos I only push any changes of data that is in memory,
so if /e/f is not there, or is empty, I do not push that to the cache
loader.