[jbossdeveloper] <repository /> on quickstarts pom.xml

Rafael Benevides benevides at redhat.com
Tue Aug 26 17:27:46 EDT 2014

Em 8/26/14, 17:56, Sande Gilda escreveu:
> So they, like me, don't RTFM? :-)
ahahahah

> I didn't realize it was an issue. Who is fielding the complaints for
> this? I haven't been aware of any. And is it primarily people who use
> the Maven command line or JDBS?
I believe that it comes mostly by people using CLI since JBDS helps on this.

This $subject was reborn by a request from Arun Gupta. It seems that
someone tried to use our Quickstarts and had issues because e forgot to
RTFM :)

> Wouldn't it be easier to try to make the Maven setting configuration
> requirements more prominent? I really don't like the idea of adding
> the Maven repository to the POM files and then telling them it's not a
> good practice. If they see something, they will repeat it because, as
> you said, they don't read the instructions. The whole purpose of the
> quickstarts is to show how to code using best practices.
It's the kind of relax thing that I don't think we will regret because
it has the advantages that I mentioned. Besides the "not being
recommended" I don't see any potential issues for us.

I remember that you sent me  (more than a year ago) some URLs that
mention the cons on having <repository /> on pom.xml file. Do you mind
sharing it again ?

Thanks