[jbossdeveloper] [Proposal] One BOM for Wildfly/EAP 7

Paul Gier pgier at redhat.com
Thu Apr 9 11:46:57 EDT 2015

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to propose that we consolidate our current JBoss EAP BOMs into
a single BOM.  We currently have several smallish BOMs with names like
"jboss-javaee-6.0-with-hibernate" and "jboss-javaee-6.0-with-security".
 Instead I think we could make a single BOM which contains all public
API jar versions and is used throughout the quickstarts whenever an API
is needed.

The specs project would continue to provide a JavaEE specs BOM for
simple use cases.  And the eap BOM project would provide the JavaEE APIs
and public EAP specific APIs.  Note that using this BOM in a quickstart
would not cause the quickstart to download "all" the API jars, the BOM
only manages the versions of the jars which have already been added to
the dependency tree.

The advantage of this is easier maintenance and a simpler configuration
for users who currently use more than one of our current BOMs in their
application.

WDYT?