[jbosstools-dev] BIRT feature

Snjezana Peco snjezana.peco at redhat.com
Tue Dec 2 12:08:45 EST 2008

Nick,

I have noticed that you added the org.eclipse.birt.integration.wtp.ui
plugin to the org.jboss.tools.birt.feature feature.
This is not a good solution for a few reasons:
- the user won't update all required plugins
- this plugin isn't part of the JBoss BIRT feature
- the user can get a version of the plugin from JBoss Tools incompatible
with his/her version and corrupt his/her configuration. In a similar way
m2eclipse includes the org.eclipse.draw2d plugin which is the cause of
the issue described in https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBIDE-2934

In the meantime, I have found a way to enable the BIRT update site (or
any update site) automatically.
The solution is to use the associateSitesURL argument in the site.xml
Spring IDE update site can serve as an example. It adds the Mylyn and
AJDT update site automatically. See
http://dist.springframework.org/release/IDE .

Snjeza