Which version should I support? (Re: [jbosstools-dev] Re: How to use JBPm Converter)

grid.qian fqian at redhat.com
Tue Dec 9 04:26:13 EST 2008

I have getten the answer from STP bpmn newsgroup. A guy from bpmn team
said the reason.
It is same to my thoughts: the redundance of these attributes.
Now user only can get the source and target information from vertices.

> [...]
>>
>> -- John
>>

> In the bpmn specification, a sequence flow should include the source
> and target attributes.
> In *.bpmn file, if a sequence flow has these two attributes, user can
> visually get the information about
> a sequenceflow's source node and target node.
> In my last product about bpmn editor, these two attributes were
> included in sequence flow. But I do not
> know which method is more standard.
> I think maybe STP bpmn modeler consider the redundance of these
> attributes.
> Because a task node:
> <vertices xmi:type="bpmn:Activity" xmi:id="_69D2YcToEd22teFP9tln4A"
> iD="_69D2YMToEd22teFP9tln4A" outgoingEdges="_9Uzw4cToEd22teFP9tln4A"
> name="Task" activityType="Task"/>
> <vertices xmi:type="bpmn:Activity" xmi:id="_89mKwcToEd22teFP9tln4A"
> iD="_89mKwMToEd22teFP9tln4A" incomingEdges="_9Uzw4cToEd22teFP9tln4A"/>
> a sequence flow:
> <sequenceEdges xmi:type="bpmn:SequenceEdge"
> xmi:id="_9Uzw4cToEd22teFP9tln4A" iD="_9Uzw4MToEd22teFP9tln4A"
> source="_69D2YcToEd22teFP9tln4A" target="_89mKwcToEd22teFP9tln4A"/>
>
> We can get the source and target information from vertices's
> outgoingEdges and incommingEdges. So STP bpmn modeler remove these two
> attribute in 2.0.0M3 version.
> But in STP bpmn modeler emf model, a sequence flow has these two
> attributes and can call getSource() method to get source node.
> This is a advantage of using emf model to do the convertion. But now
> we use DOM model to do the convertion, we have to handle this issue.
>
> However I have post a message in stp bpmn newsgroup for this quesion,
> let us wait the answer.
>
> Grid
>

>> On Mon, 2008-12-08 at 15:56 +0800, grid.qian wrote:
>>
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> This mail is a summary of the mail thread about STP modeler.
>>> Based eclipse Ganymede-SR1, we can install STP modeler by update site.
>>> The STP modeler now has two version: 1.0.1 for Ganymede SR1 and 2.0.0M3
>>> from committer build. (http://download.eclipse.org/stp/downloads/)
>>> There are some differences between 1.0.1 and 2.0.0M3. One of these
>>> differences bring about the issue JBIDE3364.
>>>
>>> The difference is about sequence edges in  a sample *.bpmn file:
>>> In 1.0.1 version
>>> <sequenceEdges xmi:type="bpmn:SequenceEdge"
>>> xmi:id="_UAo2UcTuEd2TWonbw8O5Jg" iD="_UAo2UMTuEd2TWonbw8O5Jg"
>>> source="_R362UcTuEd2TWonbw8O5Jg" target="_Tny4gcTuEd2TWonbw8O5Jg"/>
>>> In 2.0.0M3 version
>>> <sequenceEdges xmi:type="bpmn:SequenceEdge"
>>> xmi:id="_UAo2UcTuEd2TWonbw8O5Jg" iD="_UAo2UMTuEd2TWonbw8O5Jg"/>
>>>
>>> In 2.0.0M3 version, the sequenceEdges node has not source and target
>>> attributes. So the issue JBIDE3364 occurs.
>>>
>>> So I want to know if we should support 2.0.0M3 in jboss tools 3.0? or
>>> support 2.0.0M3 in jboss tools later vertion?
>>>

>>> Grid

>>> Aha, yes. I download the Ganymede-sr1 again. It does not include STP
>>> base. So I test again on Ganymede-sr1 and update to 1.0(Ganymede) and to
>>> 1.0.1(Ganymede SR1). The JBIDE-3364 does not
>>> occur. Only when update to stp.archivedsite-2.0.0.M3. The JBIDE-3364