[jbosstools-dev] [Soa-tools-list] What should we call next year's JBoss Tools release? :: JBDS-1987

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Wed Jul 4 11:31:40 EDT 2012

Having thought about this some more, my favourite versioning scheme
going forward is this:

 > 2012: JBT 3.3 / JBDS 5.0 / Eclipse 3.7 Indigo
 > 2013: JBT 3.6 / JBDS 6.0 / Eclipse 4.2 Juno
 > 2014: JBT 3.7 / JBDS 7.0 / Eclipse 4.3 Kepler

In this scenario:

* minor digit of JBT (.6) ==
* major digit of JBDS (6.) ==
* sum of major (4) + minor (2) digits of the Eclipse version (4.2).

Also, the JBT component with the largest version (Hibernate Tools 3.6)
will match the overall version (JBoss Tools 3.6), for an extra level of
synchronicity.

(If we continue with the current scheme, calling next year's release
3.4, we will continue to have Hibernate Tools at a version greater than
the overall release (3.6 > 3.4), which IMHO seems a bit odd.

---

So say we all? I'd like to upversion all the jobs which currently say
"3.3_trunk" and fix the JBIDE targets (3.4.* -> 3.6.*) if we're going to
use 3.6 instead of 3.4 for our Juno-based release.

Nick