[jbosstools-dev] Ideas to make m2eclipse-wtp -> m2e-wtp migration painless?

Fred Bricon fbricon at redhat.com
Thu Jul 12 04:20:15 EDT 2012

Le 12/07/2012 10:10, Mickael Istria a écrit :
> On 07/09/2012 02:34 PM, Fred Bricon wrote:
>> - I created (locally) an m2eclipse-wtp 0.15.999 empty feature that
>> requires m2e-wtp 0.16.0. m2e-wtp is correctly installed but I'm still
>> seeing the duplicate configurators as previous m2eclipse-wtp 0.15.2
>> plugins are still active.
>>
> Is m2e-wtp 0.16 marked as singleton?
Yes.

I'm getting help from Pascal Rapicault, p2 guru and he advised me to do
2 things :
- use p2.inf to basically prevent that m2e-wtp and m2eclipse-wtp are
both installed at the same time, using the fact they're singletons.
(http://git.eclipse.org/c/m2e-wtp/org.eclipse.m2e.wtp.git/commit/?id=d2cce866b6ee1bb8e3d5cff8c61bce288d265537).
That part works.
- hack content.xml in content.jar from the gen'ed update site to try to
make m2e-wtp updateable from both m2eclipse-wtp and m2e-wtp. Since tycho
and p2 don't allow that part during build time, I wrote a groovy script
that does that during packaging :
http://git.eclipse.org/c/m2e-wtp/org.eclipse.m2e.wtp.git/commit/?id=621585b55a31f1d8efcdee643ed7ae1bd0b406f4.
Unfortunetaly, even though the script behaves properly, the effect on
plugin update doesn't work as advertised. Pascal is looking into it.