[jbosstools-dev] ACTION REQUIRED: Project leads, please tag your projects [ branch jbosstools-4.1.1.x -> tag jbosstools-4.1.1.Final ]

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Fri Dec 13 10:41:30 EST 2013

Thanks to everyone who's tagged!

To reply to Andre's comment about jiras vs. emails (so far the only
feedback):

Task JIRAs still generate email... in fact, they generate way more (for
me, anyway) because as the opener of all the JIRAs, I get one for each
status change of: "assigned to ___" "started working", "resolved", and
"closed". So that's generally 1 or 2 JIRA emails for each of the 17
projects.

OTOH, when people reply to the mailing list on this thread, then
EVERYONE sees the confirmation/acknowledgement - but for people who can
tag multiple projects, it reduces their overhead from 3 x 2 JIRAs down
to 1 single email.

Replying to me directly would produce the same confirmation response but
w/o the list-spam & dozens of people hitting their delete keys. :)

What about having *1 JIRA for all project tagging*, and everyone can
just comment there when done, without having to take ownership of the
JIRA? That would provide tracking/confirmation/auditing/accountability,
and also reduce the amount of mail generated.

As a project lead, you'd still get everyone's "___ is tagged" emails as
generated by JIRA, but then the whole world wouldn't also see their
spammy goodness in jbosstools-dev at .

WDYT?