[jbosstools-dev] Question on BPEL publisher

Rob Stryker rstryker at redhat.com
Mon Dec 16 02:03:40 EST 2013

Looking over the code of BPEL's publisher, it is very different from
most publishers we have. First, it does not respond to incremental
publish requests. Second, it only works in local mode, not remote mode.
And third, it seems to publish multiple jars, rather than simply
overwriting the previous one. Fourth, the publisher itself seems to keep
a little model of how many jars were deployed with what versions,
something that's pretty non-standard.

I'm currently trying to unify some of the publisher's actions and to
ensure that they work for all use cases. With this in mind, we must
remember we may be switching to a management deployment in the near
future.  And, of course, if possible, I'd like to ensure all modules can
be published in some way regardless of configuration.

So I'd like to gather some requirements from you all on how exactly
you'd like a server set up to deploy to RSE mode, or to deploy using
management api only,  to actually function with regards to a bpel module.

Thanks.

- Rob Stryker