[jbosstools-dev] Tycho 0.19 : Please test it

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Mon Nov 4 12:30:05 EST 2013

On Mon, Nov 04, 2013 at 03:38:13PM +0100, Mickael Istria wrote:
>On 11/04/2013 03:31 PM, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
>>On Mon, Nov 04, 2013 at 03:09:04PM +0100, Mickael Istria wrote:
>>>Hi all,
>>>
>>>Tycho 0.19 was released recently and comes with a bunch of
>>>improvements, some of them being highly interesting for our
>>>use-cases. The exhaustive list is here:
>>>http://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/Release_Notes/0.19 .
>>
>>Which ones is it you are most interested in/find important besides
>>that you can now run unit tests against pre-installed eclipse ?
>>(great for QE!)
>This is the main one.

Okey cool. Good to know.

>There are also some performance improvements that might make feedback
>a little bit faster.

I talked with the Tycho SAP guys at EclipseCon and the fun part was that
they had no idea what caused those performance improvements ;)

Best guess was that they did improve "is site uptodate" for some cases in p2,
but that didn't seem to explain all of it.

My test runs with tycho 0.19 at eclipsecon didn't show any performance improvements - but
that was on a crappy network.

Have you seen any improvements when building jbosstools components ?