[jbosstools-dev] hibernate tools fails to find tests...no idea why ; /

Snjezana Peco snjezana.peco at redhat.com
Mon Sep 15 14:35:19 EDT 2014

> On 9 Sep 2014, at 9:37, Snjezana Peco wrote:
>
>> Hibernate tests can't remove all projects on Windows and Linux NFS
>> file system.
>
> Are you meaning this is specific for hibernate tests or just in general ?

Yes. There is an old classloader lock issue in Hibernate Tools that
happens on Windows and Linux NFS.
I think it was fixed in the way that a user had to interfere in order to
unlock jars.
This issue can be easier solved in JDK 7.
However, it mustn't affect tests. They should start in a new empty
workspace.

> I've seen on and off issues with the big testsuite in hibernate tools
> added a while back by dgeraskov and co. where it will only run to
> completions on linux filesystem. Does sound like there is some bad
> file locking going on we need to look at....but why a workspace should
> be able to trigger this seems weird to me ;/

Agree. There is probably a bug in tycho tests.
It is difficult to determine anything more precisely because it can't be
easily reproduced.
Maybe we should create a bug and check more carefuly the next time it
happens.

Snjeza