[jbosstools-dev] FreeMarker plugin deprecation

Daniel Dekany ddekany at freemail.hu
Thu Mar 8 14:04:24 EST 2018

Thursday, March 8, 2018, 4:54:27 PM, Nick Boldt wrote:

> Still seems weird that I have to GIVE you the code when you want to
> TAKE it over and it's freely licensed for exactly this purpose... but anyway...
>
> Do you mean this document [1] ?
>
> [1] https://www.apache.org/licenses/cla-corporate.txt

Yes. But I will ask if we can do it that way.

> If so, just let me know when your colleagues at ASF have decided
> they're OK with taking the contribution, and have created the git
> repo for the pull request. I can then submit the PR and the
> aforementioned document. Should it be signed by me as the
> contributor, or Richard as our legal guy?

If it's going to be the above CLA (a CCLA as they call it), then
according to https://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas: "The CCLA legally
binds the corporation, so it must be signed by a person with authority
to enter into legal contracts on behalf of the corporation."

> Do you need a PDF w/ an Actual Signature,

Yes, paper printed, actually signed, scanned and e-mailed (or sent
with traditional mail).

--
Thanks,
 Daniel Dekany