[jbosstools-fuse-dev] [jbosstools-fuse-dev - 4] new transformation wizard

Keith Babo kbabo at redhat.com
Thu Mar 19 17:52:50 EDT 2015

> On Mar 19, 2015, at 5:07 PM, Johnny Verhaeg <verhaeg at icloud.com> wrote
>
> Why are those gotchas?  It still sounds like what I suggested about merging the custom data formats with our known ones would still work and no extra fields would be needed.  What am I missing?

How would you know what custom data formats to merge ahead of time?  Let’s say the user creates a custom XYZDataFormat for a proprietary XYZ format that they use.  There’s no way for us to know about this format.

Even for existing data formats, the requirements may go beyond just pointing at a file, especially if the file is an instance document and the configuration supplies details on how that instance document is used to generate model classes and/or configure the data format itself.

~ keith