[jbosstools-fuse-dev] Unable to install Jboss Fuse with JBD 10.0

Brian Fitzpatrick bfitzpat at redhat.com
Tue Jul 26 09:25:02 EDT 2016

We currently have an Eclipse Luna-based (JBDS 8) and early access Eclipse
Mars-based (JBDS 9) tooling. We do not yet have Eclipse Neon-based (JBDS
10) tooling available. Mars is next up for release with Fuse 6.3 and then
Neon-based tooling will follow on pretty quickly after.

We will be updating the doc -
http://developers.redhat.com/products/fuse/get-started/ - for JBDS 9-based
tooling as soon as it is ready to go and then focus on getting out
Neon-based tooling shortly after that.

--Fitz

On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 7:10 AM, aslam <asabbas at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

>   I was trying to setup my developer environment with JBoss Fuse by
> following this doc
> <http://developers.redhat.com/products/fuse/get-started/> .
>
>   I installed JBoss Developer Studio
> (devstudio-10.0.0.GA-installer-eap.jar). My system is Fedora 22 - 64 bit.
> JDK is openjdk version "1.8.0_91". After installation, I was following
> these steps:
>

>    1.
>
>    Start Developer Studio.
>    2.
>
>    In the JBoss Central view, select the Software/Update tab.
>    3.
>
>    *Enable “Early access” checkbox*
>    4.
>
>    Click the “JBoss Fuse Development” checkbox.
>    5.
>
>    Click the Install/Update butt..
>

>  So step no 4 is not working for me. I simply don't have JBoss Fuse
> Development to tick in.  BTB using JBoss Developer Studio 8.10 (as
> explicitly specified in the doc), I am facing no issues. Is JBoss Fuse
> preinstalled?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Aslam

Brian "Fitz" Fitzpatrick
Sr. Software Developer, Fuse Eclipse Tooling