[jbossws-dev] [Design of JBoss Web Services] - Proposed JAX-WS Docs

sam.griffith@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 6 08:03:23 EST 2006

Hello,

The outline below is a basis for the docs for the JAX-WS 2.0 docs. I'd like to get input on what other documentation people would like to see. The initial docs will be for the January release and will have the most important information and we will add to it from there. So even if you don't see your suggestion in the initial cut, we will try and add it later.

Thanks for the input.

Sam Griffith
Docs Team

JBoss JAX-WS 2.0 Doc Proposal
- [ ] JAX-WS 2 Topics for Docs
    - [ ] Overview
        - [ ] JAXB
            - [ ] What roll does JAXB play in JAX-WS 2.0?
        - [ ] SOAP 1.2
            - [ ] Description
        - [ ] WS Basic Profile 1.1
            - [ ] Description
        - [ ] Annotations in JAX-WS 2.0
            - [ ] Description
                      This is the annotations that JAX-WS 2.0 defines.
                      The annotations allow you to set the common
                      configuration settings for client and server side
                      development in common configurations.
        - [ ] Overview of
            - [ ] rpc/literal
            - [ ] document/literal/bare
            - [ ] document/literal/wrapped

    - [ ] JBoss Tools
        - [ ] Which tools do we provide
            - [ ] WSTOOL
                - [ ] Description
                - [ ] options
                    - [ ] description
                    - [ ] acceptable values
            - [ ] ???
        - [ ] Which tools do we use from reference implementation
            - [ ] ????
    - [ ] JSR 181 POJO Example
        - [ ] Description
            - [ ] Greeting App
                      A variation of Hello World.
        - [ ] Important Annotations
        - [ ] Ant build file
                  The standard Ant build file that you can build on for JAX-WS 2.0 web services you want to build.
    - [ ] Setting up Eclipse to work with JBossWS 2.0
        - [ ] How to
    - [ ] Setting up NetBeans to work with JBossWS 2.0
        - [ ] How to
    - [ ] JSR 181 EJB Example
        - [ ] Description
        - [ ] What's different than the POJO example?
        - [ ] New Annotations
        - [ ] Changes to Ant build file
    - [ ] MTOM Example
        - [ ] Description
        - [ ] How To
            - [ ] Annotaions?
    - [ ] WS-Security
        - [ ] Description
        - [ ] Alignment with JSR 183
            - [ ] Annotations?
        - [ ] Authentication
            - [ ] What we support
            - [ ] How To
        - [ ] Encryption
            - [ ] What we support
            - [ ] How To
        - [ ] Authorization
            - [ ] What we support
            - [ ] Signatures
                - [ ] How To
    - [ ] Provider
        - [ ] ???
    - [ ] Protocol vs. Logic Handler
        - [ ] ???
    - [ ] WS-Addressing (Not sure on this one)
        - [ ] Description
        - [ ] How To
            - [ ] Annotations?
    - [ ] Async Web Services (Not sure on this one)
        - [ ] Description
        - [ ] How To
    - [ ] Client Programming Model
        - [ ] ie - @WebServiceRef