[jbossws-dev] [Design of JBoss Web Services] - JBWS-1260 - Unwrapping and complex types with attributes.

darran.lofthouse@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 13 18:43:22 EST 2006

I am currently working on JBWS-1260, I have a set of 27 different WSDLs that I have put through wscompile and I am then putting through wstools to compare the generated artifacts.

If the complex type is defined as having a sequence and attribtes: -

  |    <complexType name='Person'>
  |     <sequence>
  |      <element name='surname' nillable='true' type='string'/>
  |     </sequence>
  |     <attribute name='postcode' type='string'/>
  |    </complexType>

wscompile creates the following SEI method: -

public org.jboss.test.ws.jbws1260.TelephoneNumber lookup(java.lang.String postcode, java.lang.String surname) throws java.rmi.RemoteException;

However according to the JAX-RPC 1.1 specification to qualify as using the "wrapper" style the third requirement says: -

anonymous wrote : such an element (a wrapper) must be of a complex type defined using the
  | xsd:sequence compositor and containing only elements declarations.

JAX-WS 2.0 expands on this to explicitly prevent the use of attributes.

How should we interpret this?  Is wscompile unwrapping the complex type incorrectly or is this how it should be unwrapped?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3993629#3993629

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3993629