[jbossws-dev] Re: JBoss - R&D + ES Staffing Plan (Google Docs & Spreadsheets)

Thomas Diesler thomas.diesler at redhat.com
Fri Dec 22 14:03:11 EST 2006

Hi Ivelin/Others,

you might have noticed that WS CTS has made significant progress. We are
now at 68% pass rate for the forward scenario. All issues have been
identified and can be tracked with this filter

http://jira.jboss.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12310873

If the team manages to resolve an issue per day, we will be done by
Mar-2007.

Our community is however much quicker in picking up the JAXWS
functionality, which is only available in a preview version in jboss-4.x.

    http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBWSFAQSupportForJSR181

as a result of which I have to tell folks to go away and come back when
jboss-5.0 is available. Using this strategy we will surely loose a lot
of early JAXWS birds and they will probably move on to glassfish or xfire.

Our implementation in trunk on the other hand is much more functional
than the CTS results suggest, so I decided to invest some work in the
integration layer for jboss50, jboss42, jboss40, tomcat. The results are
promising and I believe that I can cut a 1.2.0 release from trunk by
1-Feb-2007

This would bring (almost) full JAXWS support to jboss-4.2.0 and
jboss-4.0.5.
The jbossws-2.0.0.GA release is still the one that passes the CTS.

I would like this release to come out with a *BANG*. "JBoss supports
JAXWS" should be heard as loud as "JBoss supports EJB3"
Key for this to succeed is good documentation and samples.

Maybe we can talk about this in more detail in Jan and define a list of
action items that need to get done.

Have a good holiday and all the best to you and your family.

cheers
-thomas

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx