[jbossws-dev] CTS Issues

Jason T. Greene jason.greene at jboss.com
Tue Nov 14 18:04:49 EST 2006

Everyone,

I have compiled a first list of CTS issues. Darran has already resolved
one of them (Thanks Darran).

I have also defined a convenient filter for open CTS issues "WS CTS
Issues". Available here:
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestI
d=12310818

All issues contain a description, the CTS test name in the environment
field, and usually some soft of initial diagnosis.

The plan is to use the standard assignee field to manage these tasks. To
take ownership of an issue grab an unassigned one and mark yourself the
"assignee". Please also use the start/stop progress mode to indicate
what you are working on. If you can't resolve the issue, try and provide
as much information that you were able to gain while looking at it. This
will help save time for someone else that takes up the issue. Also in
this case, don't forget to unassign yourself so that someone else can
take up the issue.

If you can't find an issue to work on, it would be helpful to identify
more of them. The cts module priority is roughly the following: jaxws,
jws, jaxrpc, webservices. Make sure that if you do this you only run
tests sections at a time, and that you rerun to verify the results. The
CTS + JBoss 5 combo is somewhat unstable (things like EAR CL isolation
not there yet, problems with deployers, etc).

Make sure that when you create a new CTS jira issue, you prefix the
subject with 'CTS:' so that it shows up in our filter. We are using the
JBWS project at this time since it has the correct version and module
info. We may migrate these to JBCTS later.

Since some of these problems affect numerous tests, I need to start
working on them, so I am going to hold off identifying new issues for
the next couple of days.

Thanks, and Happy bug hunting!

-Jason

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx