[Fwd: [jbossws-dev] Release schedule for 1.0.5]

Thomas Diesler thomas.diesler at redhat.com
Wed Nov 15 15:58:52 EST 2006

Folks,

I rescheduled most 1.0.5 (1-Feb-2007) issues to 1.0.6 (1-Apr-2007) based
on the following sample calculation

#1 80% jaxws, 20% jaxrpc
#2 25% support services, 25% noise (i.e. email, form, other non-dev work)
#3 less work days because of christmas and holidays

This gives less than 1h/day for jaxrpc. I also tried to account for
Christmas and other holidays (i.e. less than 40 workdays until
1-Feb-2007) Based on the above assumptions you would have 40h of dev on
jaxrpc for 1.0.5. This of course varies on an individual  basis.

Please select the issues you want to get fixed in 1.0.5 such that they
can reliably get done with the given constraints. The 1.0 branch is
considered background noise. We should of course fix critical issues,
the main focus however is on jaxws. The sooner we get the CTS done the
better.

The main feature for 1.0.5 is a unified tools codebase across branches
and a good and stable tools API/SPI for all consumers of tools
functionnality (i.e. core, ant, commandline, soapui, etc)

Alejandro, you will probably be pleased to hear that you are off the
hook for the task of the release manager. I'll take care of this.

1.0.5 jira freeze is 18-Dec-2006

cheers
-thomas

--