[jbossws-dev] [Design of JBoss Web Services] - Re: ws-eventing clustering problem

palin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 29 11:41:36 EST 2006

"heiko.braun at jboss.com" wrote : I just talked to jason. He made up my mind: the addressing issue and state replication are actually two different problems.

  | In order to get you started i suggest you forget about the addressing problems for now and take a look at jboss cache for replicating the subscriptions across cluster nodes. We'd need an abstraction though, that can be addressed from the subscription manager and comes in two flavors: cluster aware (jbosscache) and in-memory (the default).
  | IMO this should be some general purpose StateManager that offers a hashmap like API to get and set data.

OK, I think this is equivalent to our first proposed solution, so I think we'll go this way

anonymous wrote :
  | This would only leave us with the question how to deal with node shutdowns and subscription end messages...

Well, ideally we would expect shutdown messages to be sent by a cluster node going down when no other node of the cluster is up, otherwise the system shouldn't generate any shutdown message. I imagine the proposed StateManager could help us in this.

anonymous wrote :  Please go on. I'd be more then happy to see more contributions like this.
Perfect :-) we'll go on then; please let us know something about svn priviledges you spoke us about by email (and eventually how you manage branches)

anonymous wrote : yes, working on trunk would be better. but since you are going to put in production it's your decision. If we stick with branch 1.x then it needs to merged with trunk along the way...
Actually I think this feature would be very useful for us in production as soon as it's ready... but I fear the merge could be not so trivial... anyway I'll speak with Stefano (maeste) tomorrow and we'll let you know for sure.

Alessio Soldano
http://www.javalinux.it/blogs/

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3989767#3989767

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3989767