[jbossws-dev] [Design of JBoss Web Services] - JBWS-1093 - normal servlets the web.xml is modified as if th

darran.lofthouse@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 16 11:24:24 EDT 2006

Originally before the support for Tomcat was added to JBossWS the process of modifying the web.xml was implemented to only modify the servlet entries in the web.xml if the servlet was actually a web service.

For JSR-109 deployments web services were identified by the presence of the 'servlet-link' in the webservices.xml, for JSR-181 deployments this was identified by checking if the class has the @WebService annotation.

I believe this is still the correct mechanism to identify if the servlet is supposed to be exposed as a web service.

For deployments deployed to JBoss from the UnifiedMetaData we can get the list of all of the servlet-links so this could be passed into the 'rewriteWebXML' method to be used to identify which servlets need to be converted.

For Tomcat deployments we do not have this information available at the moment.  For JSR-109 deployments I think we just need to parse the webservices.xml to get the list of servlet-links.

For JSR-181 deployments we are going to need a classloader to load the servlet classes to check if they have the @WebService annotation.  Because this is not always called from within the container we are going to need to create a classloader so that we can load the classes in the war, I think we should create a URLClassLoader so we can add all of the jars in the war and the classes folder in the war.  The parent of the URLClassloader should be set to the current classloader at the time it is created.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3978572#3978572

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3978572