[jbossws-dev] [Design of JBoss Web Services] - Re: JBWS-1133 - Exploded JSR-181 POJO Deployment Fails Redep

darran.lofthouse@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 16 14:55:59 EDT 2006

Personally I prefer option 2 as well as this means for all deployments we will allways be working with a clean web.xml and it means the user never sees their web.xml modified.

The downside of this approach is that for it to work 3 different products need to change.

Tomcat needs to be changed so that the 'altDDName' attribute is exposed.  At the moment I can access this from JBoss as: -

Context ctx = (Context) server.getAttribute(objectName, "managedResource");
  | ctx.setAltDDName(metaData.getAltDD());

However this is a bit of a hack and if we are going to use it it should be exposed properly.

Secondly the WebMetaData class will need modifying so include an attribute to hold the name of the new web.xml so that TomcatDeployer can pass it to Tomcat.

The earliest we could get this in would be for JBoss 4.0.6.GA and once in JBossWS would not be compatible with previous JBossAS versions.

Having said that despite the number of projects affected this is probably the simplest to implement, just a few lines of changes in each product.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3978616#3978616

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3978616