[jbossws-dev] [Design of JBoss Web Services] - Re: JBWS-1093 - normal servlets the web.xml is modified as i

darran.lofthouse@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 16 18:22:34 EDT 2006

I have for the JBossWS to Tomcat deployment working now.

Looking at the scanning thread when running within Tomcat the classloader at the time is a CrossContextLoader, if we just create a classloader similar to the CrossContextLoader that includes the jars and classes of the war being deployed we should have everything we need to be able to load the classes to test for @WebService.

For the testsuite / command line clients I don't think it would be unreasonable to expect the calling client to put all the required jars on the classpath, afterall the wspublish process is not just copying the war it is actually processing the war so the caller should make sure all the required classes are available.

Alternatively couldn't the tool just copy the war to jbossws-deploy and let the code running within Tomcat handle it?  Or even refactor the deployment into it's own servlet and then get wspublish to call the servlet directly to publish the war, again this would mean the deployment would be happening within Tomcat.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3978652#3978652

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3978652