[jbossws-dev] [Design of JBoss Web Services] - Re: ws-eventing: event notification failure

maeste do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 18 06:23:45 EDT 2006

Thanks thomas.
We are working also on another problem we are experiencing on a jboss cluster with a jbossws eventing deployed on it.
The cluster is viewed (of course) as a single machine by the client, subscribing and getting events to our service. As you can figure out the problem is more than one:
1. The load balancer send subscriptions to only one server, but the subscriptions have to be registered by all servers in the farm (or better in only one place for all cluster's machines IMHO)
2. The notification have to be coordinated.
3. Events like "machine going down" have to be generated according to cluster status, not single machine status.
4. Something else we are thinking about.....:)

We (me ad Alessio alias "palin" on these forums) will have fun coding on these issues, but we need some informations about jbossws' core design:
a. The easiest way to implement this stuffs is to use clustered ejbs as notification proxy, but we think you don't like any solution using ejb. Isn't it?
b. We are thinking to use hajndi to register subsriptions. What do you think about?
c. We think the only part of jbossws needing a cluster solution is ws-eventing because it is the only part in which jbossws acts as client (meaning a source of soap message). Isn't it? Are you thinking about a more general clustering enhacement?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3979017#3979017

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3979017