[jbossws-dev] [Design of JBoss Web Services] - Re: What do we need in terms of x509 cert processing for ws

anil.saldhana@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 23 15:44:16 EDT 2006

"scott.stark at jboss.org" wrote : "anil.saldhana at jboss.com" wrote : I do not think all the constituents of a X509 certificate map to standard JDK classes. An example are the Attribute Certificates that can be issued by the CA as part of a x509 certificate.
  | Where is this used? I'm not keen on pushing too much to pki management layer. Issuing certs for roles seems like an unnecessary indirection.

No user requests have come in this area. Mainly used in smart cards(not sure of other uses). Like you said, unnecessary indirection.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3980163#3980163

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3980163