[jbossws-dev] [Design of JBoss Web Services] - JBWS-1858 + JBWS-1797: when to generate wsdl?

alessio.soldano@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Dec 15 06:50:03 EST 2007

I'm analyzing the http://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBWS-1858 which is related to JBWS-1797. The main concern is generating and exposing the wsdl contract after the eventual servlet context-param properties have been read and the metadata has changed accordingly. As a matter of fact they can influence the wsdl (.NET friendly Endpoint...).

Actually the wsdl creation is triggered during the create phase of the UnifiedMetaDataDeploymentAspect; either a new wsdl or the user provided one is selected, then the PublishContractDeploymentAspect publishes it. The new wsdl creation could be performed at some later stage, as far as I can see this would imply running the PublishContractDeploymentAspect and EagerInitializeDeploymentAspect later too, since they rely on the WSDLDefinition.
This however is not going to solve the JBWS-1797 with AS42: currently the EndpointServlet gets the context-params from the its context during the first call to the endpoint, however at that time the endpoint has already been started (at the end of the deployment, by the EndpointLifeCycleDeploymentAspect).

Thus according to me the main point here is not moving the wsdl generation later, it's instead reading the servlet context-params earlier, during the deployment. Of course we could do both the changes, but having those params available (for example as properties in the DeploymentInfo) before the UMDM is generated would be enough (and is required before the EndpointLifeCycleDeploymentAspect is run).
What do you think about this?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4113145#4113145

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4113145