[jbossws-dev] [Design of JBoss Web Services] - Re: WS-RM Prototype Ready for Preview

richard.opalka@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 21 09:22:34 EST 2007

"thomas.diesler at jboss.com" wrote :
  | I propose to get the initial implementation going first. Then we investigate the pros/cons of a standalone decoupled RM implementation.

IMO RM Sender/Receiver must be decoupled from client proxy/endpoint. However I was following just three goals when writing this first RM prototype:

 * finish it till the end of this year
 * provide the functional test suite covering all scenarios from Microsoft interop
 * cover the WS-Security combinations too

"thomas.diesler at jboss.com" wrote : After all, if a RM implementation cannot provide reliable messaging (because of its coupling) - it is pointless to use it from the customer point of view ;-)

Again, you're absolutely right and I'm happy you're diving into RM dilemma too because our communication about it becomes meaningful ;-) I'm figuring out this pointless RM implementation, but it's not final solution. It's just first prototype that works. But there's still a lot of work to make it better and more meaningful not only from customer point of view.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4114983#4114983

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4114983