[jbossws-dev] CTS text nodes

Thomas Diesler thomas.diesler at redhat.com
Thu Feb 8 05:25:10 EST 2007

Alejandro,

relates to:
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4012935#4012935

If you have conflicts between the CTS and your findings in the spec, we
should challenge the CTS. You can send your challenge request to me and
I talk to "Lance J. Andersen" <Lance.Andersen at Sun.COM> until we reach a
conclusion. If you prefer, you can of course talk to him directly, he is
usually very helpful. Please keep the JavaEE-TCK <javaeetck at jboss.org>
list in the loop.

Generally, we don't have to implement any additional validation that
goes beyond what the CTS is testing for. If it is a detail in the spec
that the CTS does not test, we also don't need to worry about it (just
yet). We should however not implement incorrect functionality just to
pass the CTS. On debatable issues, the CTS has been proven wrong many
times so far.

cheers
-thomas

--