[jbossws-dev] [Design of JBoss Web Services] - Re: Why is the UMDM using ConcurrentHashMap?

jason.greene@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 13 08:12:06 EST 2007

The ConcurrentHashMap change was not merged to 1.2.0, and I left it out when i merged the log changes it was bundled with.

Anyway there is no way that ConcurrentHashMap could have reduced synchronization since it *adds* synchronization.

Removing synchronization was one of the big reasons for the Java collection types in 1.2. Only the pre 1.2 collection types synchronized all methods (Hashtable and Vector).

If you still don't believe me, read the javadoc
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/util/HashMap.html

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4015751#4015751

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4015751