[jbossws-dev] [Design of JBoss Web Services] - Re: JBWS-1260 - such a part must refer to an element named a

darran.lofthouse@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 12 08:09:53 EST 2007

I am not sure if that is the case, this requirement is described within chapter 2 of the JAX-RPC specification and the purpose of this chapter is to describe how to generate the service endpoint interface from the WSDL.

Also the terminology used is WSDL terminology, they are saying the element must be named after the operation not that the parameter must be named after the method.  When refering to java methods and parameters they do refer to them as methods and parameters.

So I am interpreting it as: -

When you are generating a SEI from a WSDL
 If the operation meets these requirements you can treat it as wrapped an unwrap it.

Having said that this check was one of the last checks I added just to be complete with the list of requirements in the spec so there shouldn't be a problem if it is removed.

Looking at your WSDL your message 'attachRequest' contains two message parts so based on the first requirement for a message to contain only a single part this should also be rejected so I am surprised you are not seeing that - I will have a look and see what happened to that check.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4000916#4000916

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4000916