[jbossws-dev] [Design of JBoss Web Services] - Re: JBWS-1464 - Adding MTOM support to WSDL To Java - Design

noel.rocher@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 22 11:00:49 EST 2007

anonymous wrote : It's right what you are saying, but in the only (rare) case this becomes a problem is when users types contain base64 types that should be optimized and others that shouldnt at the same time. If this doesnt occur on the same payload then you easily turn off MTOM for that port.

I don't see it as "rare" if you consider that customers are using it as an ID type.

I'm talking about big WS users with a lot of webservices (several hundreds) where using attachment or not is an implementation detail (in fact, it's an optimisation required to have decent response times). What they need is to a  natural set of functional operations. It's not a good practice to break this for technical reason.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4004866#4004866

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4004866