[jbossws-dev] JBossWS-2.1.0.Beta1 Released

Thomas Diesler thomas.diesler at jboss.com
Mon Jun 4 10:46:08 EDT 2007

Folks,

I am pleased to announce that we just released JBossWS-2.1.0.Beta1. It
is the first release based on the new general Web Service integration
layer and brings both SunRI and XFire to JBossAS.

Compatibility details are here:
http://jbws.dyndns.org:8180/hudson/view/Release%20QA/

Here a picture of the architecture (more docu to come)
http://fisheye.jboss.com/browse/JBossWS/trunk/build/build.xml?r=3397

For the first time, customers will have choice which WS stack to deploy
in JBossAS. The decission can be made based upon the stack's feature set
and performance characteristics.

JBoss added value and general advantages to this approach are for
example:

#1 Common deployment model
   Standard JavaEE5 deployments + JBoss extensions work
   with all supported stacks. XFire supports EJB3
   endpoints for the first time and only in JBoss.

#2 Common management interface
   Through the JBossWS managment console you get a common view of all
   deployed endpoints

#3 Common QA
   A common testsuite runs against all supported stacks.
   Thirparty dependencies are resolved and QAed
   http://jbws.dyndns.org:8180/hudson/

#4 Increased visibility
   Currently we have ~190000 downloads per release. We bring this
   visibility to the other stacks and act as a common support entity.
   Users of SunRI, XFire may now bring business to JBoss

#5 Other integration advantages
   For example end to end security.

We will now start the dialog with Sun and XFire and see if we can get
get good cooperation on the way.

The jbossws-2.1.0.GA release is targeted for 1-Aug-2007

cheers
-thomas

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx