[jbossws-dev] [Design of JBoss Web Services] - Re: Setting the properties on the JAXBContext

heiko.braun@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 26 18:26:08 EDT 2007

I did already break up the JAXBContextCache and the JAXBContextFactory. Regardless on how we proceed, this was a good idea anyway.

If Thomas suggestion is correct, which means the customizations are only required for JAX-WS endpoints then we might actually go with a solutions that attaches to the InvocationContext. I.e. a Map like Interface

  | InvocationContext.addAttachment(JAXBContexCustomisation.class, <Instance>);

that can carry JAXBRI default properties. See http://jsourcery.com/api/java.net/jaxb/2.1.2/com/sun/xml/bind/api/JAXBRIContext.html for a complete list.

This way at least the JBossWS RequestHandlerImpl is open to any JAXB customisation. Other RequestHandler would then just disregard these attachments.

Tom, would this be sufficient? Can you supply this information on a per-invocation base? Or might this better be attached to the Endpoint - on a per-deployment base? I don't really grasp the use cases yet.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4057907#4057907

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4057907