[jbossws-dev] Binding.getHandlerChain() expected to return a modifyable list

Thomas Diesler thomas.diesler at redhat.com
Mon Mar 5 04:39:26 EST 2007

Hi Lance,

http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBCTS-544

A web service client must call Binding.setHandlerChain(List<Handler>) to
programatically set the handler chain on the binding. We believe that
Binding.getHandlerChain() may return an unmodifyable list, since it is
not sufficient to modify the list returned from
Binding.getHandlerChain()

Various CTS clients however modify the returned list directly.

   List<Handler> handlerList = binding1.getHandlerChain();
   TestUtil.logMsg("----------------------------------------------");
   TestUtil.logMsg("Programmatically registering the following handlers
through the binding: \nClientSOAPHandler6, ClientLogicalHandler6");
   TestUtil.logMsg("----------------------------------------------");
   TestUtil.logMsg("Construct HandleInfo for ClientSOAPHandler6 and add
to HandlerChain");
   handler = new
com.sun.ts.tests.jaxws.sharedclients.dlhandlerclient.ClientSOAPHandler6();
   handlerList.add(handler);
   binding1.setHandlerChain(handlerList);

With JBossWS all these tests fail because we return an unmodifieable
list. We propose to have the tests changed simmilar to

   List<Handler> handlerList = new
ArrayList<Handler>(binding1.getHandlerChain());

cheers
-thomas

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx