[jbossws-dev] Re: [Fwd: Re: Compatibility Between CP Releases]

Thomas Diesler thomas.diesler at jboss.com
Fri Nov 23 09:32:04 EST 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-23 at 15:55 +0200, Dimitris Andreadis wrote:
> The change in serialVersionUIDs is often unintentional and happens when no explicit
> serialVersionUID is defined and a change is made in the class that recalculates a different
> implicit Id. As Thomas pointed out, we fixed those ids in SP2.
>
> We probably need to run probably something like JBoss-AS-4.2.x-CompatibilityMatrix for EAP.
>
> Rajesh could help you setup it up.
>
> http://hudson.qa.jboss.com/hudson/view/JBoss%20AS/job/JBoss-AS-4.2.x-CompatibilityMatrix/
>
> At the same time the compatibility matrix testsuite doesn't include webservices tests,
> AFAIK, so this is a possible TODO item.
>
> Thomas, is there some kind of cross-version compatibility testing for WS happening already?

No, AFAIK there is not. We do however have public interop endpoints
setup.

http://jbws.dyndns.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=Interop_Endpoints

I also don't really understand the use case where a serialVersionUID
conflict would show up. The only use case I can think of is an appclient
deployment to jboss-4.x and a client vm doing a JNDI lookup of the
preconfigured stub using jboss-4.y libraries.

cheers
-thomas

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx