[jbossws-dev] [Design of JBoss Web Services] - BASIC auth and WS-Security

thomas.diesler@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 9 05:01:08 EDT 2007

It seems that we use the standard jaxrpc/jaxws properties as WSSE username token

  |       if (opConfig.getUsername() != null)
  |       {
  |          Object user = ctx.get(Stub.USERNAME_PROPERTY);
  |          Object pass = ctx.get(Stub.PASSWORD_PROPERTY);
  |
  |          if (user == null && pass == null)
  |          {
  |             user = ctx.get(BindingProvider.USERNAME_PROPERTY);
  |             pass = ctx.get(BindingProvider.PASSWORD_PROPERTY);
  |          }
  |
  |          if (user != null && pass != null)
  |          {
  |             operations.add(new OperationDescription<EncodingOperation>(SendUsernameOperation.class, null, user.toString(), pass.toString(), null));
  |             ctx.put(StubExt.PROPERTY_AUTH_TYPE, StubExt.PROPERTY_AUTH_TYPE_WSSE);
  |          }
  |       }

The side effect is that the wsse username token will always be sent via BASIC auth.

Is this by design? I thought the wsse username token is independent of transport security.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4092905#4092905

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4092905