[jbossws-dev] [Design of JBoss Web Services] - Re: [Productivity] Level 0 - WS Culture

alessio.soldano@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 15 04:28:54 EDT 2007

What are we going to do?

Level 0 issues may be solved enhancing the current documentation. As I previously said, all productivity efforts will start from a reorganization of our documentation. It's supposed to leverage some of the Wiki features, like categories, to link related pages. Our aim will be to provide each user with its own "red-path" for reading the documentation, according to her knowledge and needs.
In particular, speaking of level 0, beginners will be driven to pages concerning the WS culture, that means:
- basic webservice knowledge
- webservices main goals (interoperability, etc)
- terminology and related technologies (WSDL, SOAP, etc)

These pages will not go into details, they'll delegate to official third-party docs when needed. They'll only provide the readers with the high level view of a WS system, explaining them what they really have to know. This is going to be something like the glue that keeps the *right* detailed, documentation together.

The action we think to carry out for this level are quite straightforward; however if somebody has something to add or any suggestion, as always, feel free to comment.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4095124#4095124

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4095124