[jbossws-dev] [Design of JBoss Web Services] - Re: [Productivity] Level 1 - Start from scratch

timeagentess do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 19 06:07:00 EDT 2007

1. I think it would be helpful to specify at each step exactly what is being done and what files the user should expect to have after completing it.
i.e. "First step is to create the remote interface and the service class, with annotations so-and-so, which control aspects xyz. After doing so, you should have these files, structured as follows:..."

2. Also, clear indication of which files are generated automatically, at which step and with which tools would be a great help for beginners.

(The JBossWS documentation as it is now offers good building bricks, so to say, but it doesn't always make it clear what to start with or where to use them to get a desired effect)

3. I also agree with maeste above about the advantages of using standard ant build.xml files. I think it is daunting experience for a user who is both a newbie with WS and not using the IDE described in the tutorial to have to try and adapt the solution to their own config. There are many enough concepts and tools one must get familiar with in order to be comfortable using WS, and having to understand an IDE on top of that does not help ;)

(Plus, I have the feeling working through an IDE puts details crucial for understanding WS in a "black box", which is good when everything is working perfectly, but it's not very helpful when, more often than not, things go wrong)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4096893#4096893

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4096893