[jbossws-dev] Re: Intro and WS-stack abstraction

Thomas Diesler thomas.diesler at jboss.com
Mon Sep 17 04:49:31 EDT 2007

The SPI actually breaks down into two abstraction layers

#1 container SPI (deployment model, invocation, etc)
#2 stack SPI (request/response processing)

The SPI is not bound to JBossAS, hence it should theoretically be
possible to support other containers (i.e. Tomcat) and other WS stacks
(i.e. Axis)

Currently we have SPI implementations for jboss-4.0, jboss-4.2,
jboss-5.0 on the container side and on the stack side for
JBossWS-Native, Sun-Metro, Apache-CXF.

cheers
-thomas

--