[jbossws-dev] [Design of JBoss Web Services] - Re: WS-RM Sender/Receiver Location Within JBossWS Stack

richard_opalka do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 20 06:53:05 EDT 2007

I'll do the clarification first. What is the RM subsystem for me?
 * RM JAXWS handlers communicating with RM store
 * RM Channel (as drawn on the picture above) communicating with RM store too (represents reliable transport wrapper for me only)
 * RM store (database based persistent store)
 * RM sender/receiver used by RM channel and RM handlers too

What is the above picture about? It's only about reliable resending of processed and accepted messages on the transport level. Alessio and Heiko ask me why I decided to put RM channel to the RemotingConnectionImpl and not to the handler?
  My answer is: RM sender must be placed on top of transport layer because of his resending capability.
  I can't put it to the JAXWS handler. If I would do it, the problem could be with WS-Security (next JAXWS handler that could be in the chain). If I would communicate with transport layer directly from RM handler, WS-Security handler wouldn't be called at all and thus
WS security wouldn't be supported in combination with WS-RM.
   Thus what I need is to ensure that all handlers in the handler chain are executed, and then, on transport layer RM channel will accept such completely processed outgoing messages and resend them.

I hope it's now more clear for you now ;-)

Richard

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4086553#4086553

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4086553