[jbossws-dev] [Design of JBoss Web Services] - Re: WS-RM Sender/Receiver Location Within JBossWS Stack

richard_opalka do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 20 07:02:38 EDT 2007

"palin" wrote : But there's something that is not clear to me: let's consider the server side (but this also apply on client side), shouldn't the RM subsystem process incoming messages before passing them to the core? (for example to be able to send receive acks) As far as I understand, when you do all the RM processing in the RemotingConnectionImpl, all the core/application work has already been performed (you're ready to send response message, right?)

  | When working on ws-policy, we thought a bit about ws-rm too, since this is going to use policies. We immagined that we could have ws-rm handlers (set by the ws-policy deployer on both client and server sides) intercepting messages and passing them to RM subsystem. May be this is not the best idea... but you might consider this too ;-)

RM subsystem will be hooked to the whole invocation framework, it will consists of handlers, transport wrappers, database based store and other entities. It won't be implemented on the transport layer only.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4086566#4086566

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4086566