[jbossws-dev] [Design of JBoss Web Services] - Re: WS-RM Sender/Receiver Location Within JBossWS Stack

palin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 20 09:01:04 EDT 2007

Hi Richard,
first of all, just to be clear, I'm not saying clustering rm is a must neither it's easy to implement it. I actually believe it would be very usefull in a real application and that it can be obtained with less pain if the whole rm subsystem it designed keeping it in mind.
So... just a couple of ideas, imho we should open another thread on this in future if needed.
anonymous wrote : * use cookies aware loadbalancer in the front of cluster
  |  * all your RM endpoints (hosted on cluster nodes) must be cookies aware
Are cookies really needed for rm? In any case the user loadbalancer choice is not our business ;-)

anonymous wrote :  * your cluster must be able to replicate the sessions and cookies
  |  * use clustered database (where RM messages are stored)
For example jboss cache /pojo cache could be used to access and replicate the sessions / rm store on all cluster nodes.

Once again... I'm just wondering if this could be done if the whole system is designed with this issue in mind.

Regarind the original post subject i.e. the RMChannel location:
anonymous wrote : RM subsystem will be hooked to the whole invocation framework, it will consists of handlers, transport wrappers, database based store and other entities. It won't be implemented on the transport layer only.
OK, now I get it. I'll be glad to share ideas about this when you'll think about the server side. I'll think about the handler issue you wrote in the meantime.

Bye
Alessio Soldano

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4086663#4086663

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4086663