[jbossws-dev] Re: jbossws hudson QA environment

Thomas Diesler thomas.diesler at jboss.com
Mon Sep 24 06:38:34 EDT 2007

Hi Ryan,

please see my comments in line. Thanks for following up on this.

-thomas

On Fri, 2007-09-21 at 17:17 +0200, Ryan Campbell wrote:
> Thomas Diesler wrote:
> > Hi Ryan,
> >
> > I would like to bring the jbossws hudson QA environment
> > http://jbws.dyndns.org:8180/hudson/
> > to the general jboss QA infrastructure.
> >
> > Ideally, we would like to have a dedicated box where we can setup and
> > maintain our QA ourselves.
> >
> > Whats your take on this?
> >
> > cheers
> > -thomas
> >
> In general, I would like to do whatever makes the most sense here.  So
> getting a dedicated box for JBossWS runs sounds reasonable.  However, I
> have a few questions.  I am also copying Len DiMaggio, who is the test
> lead for the SOA Platform, and who will be able to respond to this issue
> while I am out for a week of vacation.
>
> Questions:
>
> 1. Could this dedicated box be a slave in our Hudson setup to which you
> could just assign your builds?  IE, it would just have a Hudson slave
> running, not the complete Hudson reporting environment.  It would show
> up with the rest of our Hudson slaves here:
>
> http://dev45.qa.atl.jboss.com:8585/hudson/
>
> But we wouldn't use it for anything besides your builds.  The only
> reason I say this is that it gives us a single Hudson instance to update
> & maintain.  Also, this instance is populated with our plugins for
> publishing to hudson.jboss.org which is important if you care to share
> your builds with the community.

The jbossws QA environment should be public, so that people know what to
expect when they checkout trunk or various branches.

We actually have two hudson instances running

http://jbws.dyndns.org:8180/hudson/
http://jbws.dyndns.org:8280/hudson/

One for trunk and one for our next release. Both are public.

To setup Hudson on a box, we currently do

svn co http://.../framework/trunk framework

cd framework
./build.sh hudson-setup
./build.sh hudson-start

Hence we would need to have an SSH account and SVN installed on that
box.

> 2.  What would you expect from us besides getting the box setup initially?
>
> We will need to go through finance to get the box acquired, but I expect
> it should be up in a couple of months, considering past experience
> getting hardware approved and installed.

Our current box is a Packard Bell, Pentium 4 - nothing special really.

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thomas Diesler