[jbossws-dev] [Design of JBoss Web Services] - Re: XmlSeeAlso

heiko.braun@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 1 10:35:32 EDT 2008

I've tested the scenario with both Metro and Native. I had to put the XmlSeeAlso annotation manually (tooling issue):

@XmlSeeAlso(USAddressType.class)
public class AddressResponse {
}

Both Native and Metro handle request and response in the same way.
They receive a USAddress instance (requires casting though) and respond with a correct xsd:type attribute on the AddressResponse super element.

IMO, everything is fine and works as expected, besides the tooling problem.
But that's something we cannot easily fix without going to JAXWS 2.1.

Here's is a quick oveview how JAXB handles xsd:any types:
https://jaxb.dev.java.net/guide/Mapping_of__xs_any___.html

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4140546#4140546

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4140546