[jbossws-dev] [Design of JBoss Web Services] - Hudson file permissions

thomas.diesler@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 7 04:00:38 EDT 2008

Over the last couple of days we did not have any hudson runs because most files belong to ropalka.jbossws and do not have group write permissions. Hudson silently aborts a job if it cannot write the 'nextBuildNumber'

It is therefore important that you run

  | > umask 2
  | > hudson-setup
  | > hudson-start

That should cause all newly created files to have group write access. umask is a build-in shell command that cannot be run from within ant AFAIK.

Instead of recreating the hudson environment, I try to fix the file permissions. That may take a while

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4141978#4141978

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4141978