[jbossws-dev] [Design of JBoss Web Services] - Re: UsernameToken authentication and authorization for POJO

anil.saldhana@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 28 03:01:54 EDT 2008

Why not just design a generic solution around invoking the JBoss Security Managers by doing a JNDI lookup (works both in web and ejb2 containers)

  |    // Get the JBoss security manager from the ENC context
  |    InitialContext iniCtx = new InitialContext();
  |    SecurityManager securityMgr = (SecurityManager) iniCtx.lookup("java:comp/env/security/securityMgr");
  |    SimplePrincipal principal = new SimplePrincipal(username);
  |    if( securityMgr.isValid(principal, password) )
  |    {

Darran, may I humbly request you to finish my beta release before you assign this JBossWS feature request?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4147116#4147116

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4147116