[jbossws-dev] [Design of JBoss Web Services] - Please help! returning hashmaps, using newtools: wsconsume,

soch do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 28 19:30:20 EDT 2008

I had posted my first Q on http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=134614 instead of this location. Here's a copy:

I am trying to take the simple echo example (http://jbws.dyndns.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=JBossWS_JAX-WS_Tools) to the next level and running into problem.

I want to return a hashmap instead of the string.

Instead of the client printing the hasmap contents it prints the address of the the hashmap.

Here's the code:

GetPM.java:
=========
package getpm;

import java.util.HashMap;

@javax.jws.WebService
public class GetPM
{

HashMap map = new HashMap();

public HashMap getPM()
{
map.put("key1", "value1");
map.put("key2", "value2");
map.put("key3", "value3");
System.out.println("From Server:" + map.toString());
return map;
}
}

I am using the same web.xml as in the echo example -- is this were I am going wrong?

web.xml
=======
xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd"
version="2.4">

<servlet-name>GetPM</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>getpm.GetPM</servlet-class>

<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>GetPM</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>/GetPM</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>
</web-app>

I created the getpm.war file & deployed it on the jboss AS.

Using wsconsume created the client files using the online version of service wsdl file: wsconsume -k http://localhost:8080/getpm/GetPM?wsdl

The client then calls the service using the following

GetPMclient.java:
=============
import getpm.*;

public class GetPMclient
{
public static void main(String args[])
{
GetPMService service = new GetPMService();
GetPM pm = service.getGetPMPort();
System.out.println("Server said: " + pm.getPM());

//HashMap hm = (HashMap) pm.getPM();
//System.out.println(hm.toString());
}
}

On the server stdout I get the hashmap printed correctly, but on the client side instead of the hashmap I get the reference of the hashmap as below:

getpm.HashMap at 1a0b53e

instead of

{key1=value1, key2=value2, key3=value3}

C:\....\webservices\getpm\client\output>wsrunclient GetPMclient
log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.jboss.ws.metadata.builder.jaxws.JAXWSWebServiceMetaDataBuilder).
Server said:
getpm.HashMap at 1a0b53e

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4147386#4147386

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4147386