[jbossws-dev] DOMWriter changes

Thomas Diesler thomas.diesler at jboss.com
Mon Aug 4 03:05:32 EDT 2008

Hi Alessio,

the case statement for '\r' seemed to ignore the
canonical flag.

	589	615	 	            case '\r':
	590	 	-	            {
  	591	 	-	               str.append("
");
  	592	 	-	               break;
  	593	 	-	            }
	594	616	 	            case '\n':
  	595	617	 	            {
  	596	618	 	               if (canonical)

If it is needed please add a test for it in the DOMWriterTestCase. Also
please note there is a copy of this code in jboss-common-core. The
DOMWriter and its associated tet case should be kept in sync with the
jboss-common-core.

Ideally jbossws would not contain the DOMWriter/DOMUtils at all.

Sorry, for not pinging you about this directly, but good that the
jbossws test case picked up the change at all.

cheers
-thomas

Alessio Soldano wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
> I think this change
> http://fisheye.jboss.com/browse/JBossWS/common/trunk/src/main/java/org/jboss/wsf/common/DOMWriter.java?r1=7980&r2=7982
> is the cause of the regression in SimpleSignTestCase
> (http://jbws.dyndns.org:8180/hudson/job/Native-Core-AS-4.2.3/31/testReport/org.jboss.test.ws.jaxws.samples.wssecurity/SimpleSignTestCase/testEndpointWithCRLFs/)
> we currently have.
> Could you please explain me why removing str.append("
"); is