[jbossws-dev] [Design of JBoss Web Services] - Simplify deploy/undeploy cycles for different stacks

thomas.diesler@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 20 03:49:16 EST 2008

This relates to

http://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBWS-1982

anonymous wrote :
  | This need to be looked at again.
  |
  | * The knowledge of how to (un)deploy stack X should not leak into framework
  | * If AS has stack X.0.0 deployed and you want to deploy stack Y.0.1, how can framework that comes with Y.0.1 know how to undeploy X.0.0?

One possible solution I see is to use the same set of (file) artifacts for all supported stacks. i.e. The SAR would always be called jbossws.sar

In which case we won't need an undeploy at all, simply deploying the respective stack should be sufficient.

This of course relies on the idea that everything is contained within that top-level deployment and no additional artifacts are splattered around lib, bin, etc

Comments?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4130650#4130650

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4130650