[jbossws-dev] [Design of JBoss Web Services] - Re: Signatures and CRs

alessio.soldano@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 25 11:44:07 EST 2008

"richard.opalka at jboss.com" wrote : "alessio.soldano at jboss.com" wrote : As you can read here http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#sec-line-ends CRs must be converted in line feeds when parsing. Xerces does this of course, thus the message bytes change and signature (which is obtained using the message containing the CR) is not valid anymore when processing the request message at server side.
  |   |

  | From my understanding this have nothing to do with our problem. The above specification says what to do with new-lines only. Our use-case is different. We have element containing
  | sequence of characters enclosing 0xD character:

Sorry, may be I'm missing something, why this should have nothing to do with our issue? The spec says: "To simplify the tasks of applications, the XML processor  MUST behave as if it normalized all line breaks in external parsed entities (including the document entity) on input, before parsing, by translating both the two-character sequence #xD #xA and any #xD that is not followed by #xA to a single #xA character." We have a #xD not followed by #xA that is converted to #xA...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4131935#4131935

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4131935